AUTOMATIC MONITORING AND CONTROL OF ALKALINITY IS NOW POSSIBLE!
This is a MUST HAVE for all serious reef keepers.
The KH Guardian is without doubt one of the most innovative, exciting and ultimate game changing reef aquarium product of this century from the brilliant minds of Dr. Bridge. The KHG is an all-in-one device that automatically monitors and manages carbonate hardness values of a reef tank throughout the day. Such an instrument is often considered "the holy grail" and can dramatically simplify and improve the way we manage KH parameters of our aquatic investment.
What is Alkalinity(KH)? Alkalinity is a means of quantifying the stability of pH in aquarium water. It is a measure of the concentration of various negatively charged ionic compounds (anions) such as carbonates, bicarbonates, borate and hydroxides in the aquarium water. Although a simple and affordable test, user error and time is taken out of the equation so that one can rest assured that their reef aquarium is safe and stable.
Why is Alkalinity Essential? Alkalinity maintenance is a critical aspect of coral reef aquarium husbandry. If left unchecked, alkalinity can drop below a critical level and pH begins to fluctuate more wildly than the suggested daily pH shift of +/-0.2 for marine aquaria, causing stress to livestock. In a marine aquarium, the desired alkalinity is usually between 7° and 10° dKH (German carbonate hardness).
KH Guardian makes it possible to monitor the buffering capacity and automatically manage KH levels of your aquarium water in a simple all in one device.
- Monitors AND Controls Alkalinity
- Automatic tests carbonate hardness levels directly from aquarium
- Controls your KH values throughout the day resulting in rock-solid stability
- Continuous monitoring and data logging (pre installed memory card for long term data logging)
- Easy to read LED display
- Compact, easy installation and simple operation
- Bio-Safe reagent can be dosed back into the aquarium
- Uses only one reagent for each test. The used reagent can be added directly to the aquarium without any safety concern. (Each test only takes around 3 - 4 mls of reagent)
- Supports remote terminal function to monitor and control the instrument via any web browser on the same local network. No need to install any software or APP. Simply use web browser for operation.
- AIM - Alkalinity Interface Module available separately to allow connection to aquarium computer such as Apex.
- Built in graphical display from interface
- Dimensions: 25cm (H) x 20cm (w) x 12cm (D)
- Precision is +/- 0.1 dKH.
- Measurement range: 5 -12 dKH.
- Automatic dKH control. The KHG automatically calculates how much sodium bicarbonate solution should be added to the aquarium with the reference of the desired dKH target value, aquarium total water volume, and current testing value. Then the controller adds the required amount of solution accordingly.
- Automatic measuring interval can be set from 30 to 240 minutes.
- Each measurement takes about 3 to 7 minutes.
- No need to change the existing calcium reactor and alkalinity dosing. We do recommend to slightly decrease your current dKH dosing parameters below your desired target, and let KHG do the final fine tuning for your tank automatically.
KH Guardian Reagent:
- The KH Guardian reagent is a special concentrated formulation to ensure the accuracy of the testing and safety of the reagent that goes back into your aquarium. Dr. Bridge carefully selected pharmaceutical grade reagent for purity and stability.
- Each pack of concentrated KH reagent requires dilution with 1500 grams (+/- 1 gram) (please note that it is not ml) of pure water.
- The KHG reagent usage depends on testing frequency and the alkalinity of the water being tested. Typically, with an alkalinity of 7.5kH, the KHG will use approx. 2.2mls of reagent per measurement. With an alkalinity of 13kH, the KHG will use approx. 3.8mls of reagent per test.
- No preservatives are added to the concentrated KH reagent pack in order to protect the safety of living creatures in your reef aquarium.